All the latest from Express Tax Claims

Are You A PAYE Construction Worker & Due A Tax Rebate?

2 Flares 2 Flares ×

Whether you’re self-employed worker in the construction industry or work for a registered company, there’s always the possibility that you could have paid too much tax. If you think you’ve overpaid then make sure you don’t miss out on a tax return for the money you’re entitled to. Take a look at the following to find out everything you need to know about claiming a construction worker paye tax rebate from the Inland Revenue.

Am I eligible to make a claim?

If you are a full time resident in the UK and you think you could have paid too much income tax then you could be eligible to make a claim for a rebate. There are several reasons why you may be due a refund, including:

  • You’ve been using an emergency tax code
  • You’re employer used the wrong tax code
  • You are being made redundant
  • You were employed in more than one job at the same time
  • You are retiring
  • You received payment after leaving a place of employment, i.e. holiday pay
  • You are studying whilst working and earning less than the tax free allowance
  • You’re emigrating
  • How can I find out if it is due?

If you’ve been in the same employment for a year or more then it’s unlikely you will be entitled. However, you can check this by using your P60 form, which your employer should give you at the beginning of each April when the tax year ends.

I’ve lost my P60, am I still able to make a claim?

If you don’t have your P60 you can also check your tax by looking at the amount you earned and the amount of tax you paid in a 12 month period. Or your employer could provide you with a ‘statement of earnings’ which shows the same information as a P60 form and can be used in lieu of one when making a claim. The data protection act obliges your employer to provide a statement of earnings if requested.

How do I make a claim for a tax rebate?

When it comes to making a claim, there are two options available. Either you can make a claim yourself or hire a tax claims company to make a claim on your behalf. If you choose to make a claim yourself you will need to contact HM Revenue and Customs by phone or by letter and explain why you think you’re due a rebate. They will then inform you what information they need from you in order to process a claim.

Depending on the amount of information requested, the process can be fairly simple or particularly complex and when busy with work, it’s easy to see why many people simply don’t bother to make a claim. However, for a small fee a tax claims company like ours that specialise in PAYE construction worker tax claims can make a tax rebate claim on your behalf which means you get the benefit of refunded tax without the hassle of making a claim.

So if you’ve never investigated whether you’ve paid the right amount of tax then make sure you don’t miss out on your entitlements and find out if you’re due a tax refund.

2 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 LinkedIn 1 StumbleUpon 1 Reddit 0 2 Flares ×

Call today. Claim today.

Get in contact today and find out how much you’re entitled to.

Claim your tax rebate now