All the latest from Express Tax Claims

Whether you’re self-employed worker in the construction industry or work for a registered company, there’s always the possibility that you could have paid too much tax. If you think you’ve overpaid then make sure you don’t miss out on a tax return for the money you’re entitled to. Take a look at the following to find out everything you need to know about claiming a construction worker paye tax rebate from the Inland Revenue.

Am I eligible to make a claim?

If you are a full time resident in the UK and you think you could have paid too much income tax then you could be eligible to make a claim for a rebate. There are several reasons why you may be due a refund, including:

  • You’ve been using an emergency tax code
  • You’re employer used the wrong tax code
  • You are being made redundant
  • You were employed in more than one job at the same time
  • You are retiring
  • You received payment after leaving a place of employment, i.e. holiday pay
  • You are studying whilst working and earning less than the tax free allowance
  • You’re emigrating
  • How can I find out if it is due?

Continue reading

Tax Claim Time Is Upon Us.

2012/2013 claim time has come!  Our brand new claim pack has now arrived with our clients and the feedback so far has been fantastic!  One client even said it was ‘too easy’!  The postman has his hands full, and is likely sick of the sight of us by now, as he’s constantly delivering here at the moment and the phones have been working overtime offering a helping hand for those customers who hate forms.

If your claim pack hasn’t arrived yet or you think it’s about time that you made a tax claim for a refund for your travelling expenses then we’d love to hear from you.  It’s the PAYE construction workers who most often are found to be missing out but really shouldn’t be. You could be missing out on anything up to a £1,200 average tax refund per person, per tax year.

Tax Codes

Tax codes are a very important thing to keep your eye on.  As of April 6th 2013, the standard tax code is now 944L.  As a general rule of thumb, if your number is a little higher then you’re probably not paying enough tax, yes it feels nice when payday comes but not when you’ve got to pay it all back at the end of the tax year.  It’s far better to keep a standard code and claim back what you’re entitled to when the time comes and avoid any nasty surprises. Here at Express Tax Claims, we are always at hand to liaise with HMRC on your behalf in areas like this and it’s all part of the service.

Call today. Claim today.

Get in contact today and find out how much you’re entitled to.

Claim your tax rebate now